8 oz unsalted grassfed butter at room temperature
2 large or 3 small cloves garlic, peeled
1-1/2 cups fresh organic parsley, packed (preferably Italian flat leaf)
Juice of one medium lemon, freshly squeezed (about 3 tbl, or to taste)
Sea Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
A few tbl Extra Virgin Oil
Makes about 2 cups. Recipe may be cut in half to
fit a mini food processor. Makes a great hostess gift. Keeps several
weeks in the refrigerator.
1. Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a
food processor and pulse repeatedly to make a smooth paste. Stop
periodically and scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
2. When parsley is entirely chopped and all ingredients are well-mixed,
with motor running, drizzle enough olive oil in to make the butter very
soft and creamy but not too runny.
3. Transfer the Parsley Butter into glass jars with tight-fitted lids
or other airtight containers and store in refrigerator.
4. Melt a pat of Parsley Butter on hot vegetables, sizzling steak, hot
roast slices, or over fish.
5. To serve as a herbed butter spread, let sit about ten minutes at
room temperature to soften to a spreadable consistency (a slightly
higher olive oil content speeds the softening process). Additional sea
salt flakes sprinkled on top is delicious.
6. To serve as a sauce, gently heat Parsley Butter in a butter pan or
skillet over low heat, taking care not to overheat. Pour over or add
foods to pan and gently toss to coat.
Return to Recipe Page