Ground beef and Rutabagas
SAUTE: Lean ground beef in heavy large skillet over medium heat
WITH: 2 cloves garlic
1 yellow or white onion
1 Tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Add 1 Cup water to above ingredients- salt and pepper to taste.
Saute in heavy large skillet over medium heat, until ground beef is no
longer pink – about 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 peeled and chopped rutabagas. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes
until semi tender
3. Add 1 bunch chopped kale, tough stems removed and 1/3 head chopped
green cabbage. Cook until rutabaga is almost fork tender – 2
to 3 minutes
4. Add 2 yellow squash. Stir in 1 – 2 Tbsp. Barbeque sauce.
Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors until rutabaga is tender.
5. Serve in bowls topped with your favorite grated cheese and chopped
fresh tomatoes if desired!
Return to Recipe Page