Crustless Swiss Chard Quiche
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ sweet onion
½ bunch Swiss chard
2 ½ cups shredded cheese
1 cup skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and dry Swiss chard. Cut off the very ends of the stems. Roughly chop (leaving stems intact) the chard.
3. Add onion and Chard to the oil and sauté until stems are tender (do not overcook). Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Meanwhile, grate 2.5 cups of cheese. Use whatever varieties you want/have. Be creative! I used Swiss, Cheddar, Parmesan, and Cojito.
5. Wisk eggs. Add milk and cheese. Fold in the onion/chard mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
6. Pour into a pie dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and no liquid seeps when you poke it with a knife.
Return to Recipe Page