5 cups sliced and skinned carrots
1 medium onion, chopped finely
3 cups low sodium chicken broth or low sodium vegetable broth
2 tsps grated fresh ginger (optional)
¾ cup orange juice
½ cup whipping cream
Salt and Pepper
1. Skin and cut into ¼ inch rounds approximately 5 cups of carrots.
2. Add to Slow Cooker.
3. Note: a food processor can really speed the chopping in this recipe.
4. Chop one onion finely and add to Cooker.
5. Add broth and orange juice.
6. Add optional ginger if desired- makes soup tangy.
7. Heat on low for 10-11 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
8. When carrots are tender, blend to a smooth consistency.
9. Add whipping cream and stir until creamy.
10. Note: Excellent first course or lunch with salad and roll.
A delicious, incredibly easy, elegant and very nutritious soup. Can serve hot or cold. I make it weekly. Original recipe comes from Best Slow Cooker Recipes in Canada.
By Mary McKeough
Return to Recipe Page