Cabbage Beef Casserole
(Lazy Cabbage Rolls)
1 ½ lbs. ground beef
1 tsps salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 medium chopped onions
1 cup water
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14ounce) can tomato sauce
½ cup uncooked rice
1 small cabbage, shredded
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef
2. Stir in onions, garlic, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water. Then add uncooked rice.
3. Cover and simmer almost 20 minutes or until rice is nearly tender.
4. Place half of shredded cabbage in greased baking dish.
5. Cover with half of rice mixture.
6. Repeat layer- do not stir.
7. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Tastes like cabbage rolls with a lot less work!
Return to Recipe Page