Be Wise Butternut Squash Leek Soup with Apples
- 1 whole garlic head
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced leek (about 4 large)
- 4 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 medium)
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 apples peeled cored and cubes
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove white papery skins from garlic head (do not peel or separate the
cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10
Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and apples
sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic, squash, broth,
pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder and thyme; bring to a
Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Place
squash mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to
steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel
the opening in the blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.
Pour pureed soup into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining
Recipe courtesy of Dining Details.
Return to Recipe Page