"The Best Greens Recipe
CSA Member Elizabeth Strom
2 large bunches leafy greens (like Kale)
1/2 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic
pepper to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan
1. Wash and trim greens; discard spines and tear into large
2. Put 1 inch of water in a lidded pot, add greens and cook
only until wilted; drain water from pot.
3. Meanwhile, mince garlic and juice the lemons - add garlic
and juice to a small saucepan with the
olive oil. Add ground
pepper and bring to a boil; boil until garlic is softened and mixture
foams a bit (about 10 to 12 minutes).
4. Keeping greens in pot, stir in parmesan to coat leaves.
5. Pour hot dressing over and carefully stir to
combine. Serve hot.
Note: This recipe works best with greens that are tough and/or more
bitter than spinach, like kale, chard or mustard greens (but it works
with spinach, too). Kids will even eat it.
Return to Recipe Page